Please know your counselors provide social, emotional, and educational support throughout the school year and will follow student privacy and confidentiality guidelines when talking with students.
We Want to Connect
Please use the contact information located to the right in the event you need to connect with a support person.
Connecting with you is important to us. You can expect that if you reach out to one of us we should be able to connect with you within 24-48 hours during normal school hours. If you need immediate assistance concerning danger to self or others, please contact law enforcement at 437-9400 or call 911 if it is an emergency. Other emergency supports are listed below.
In the event of a mental health emergency or crisis, when the health and/or safety of yourself or someone you know is in question, please contact one of the Emergency contacts below.
- Minnesotans can now access suicide prevention and mental health crisis texting services 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Text "MN" to 741741 for help diffusing a crisis, including suicide and mental health issues.
- National Suicide Hotline in Spanish: https://suicidepreventionlifeline.org/help-yourself/en-espanol/ or call 1-888-628-9454.
- National Suicide Hotline: Chat - https://suicidepreventionlifeline.org/chat/ or call 1-800-273-8255.
- Southeastern MN Crisis Hotline: 1-844-CRISIS2 or https://crisis2southeastmn.com/contact-us/.
- Crime Victim's Resource Center (if you are feeling unsafe in your home- 24 hour a day crisis line): 507-437-6680.
- Austin police department: 911 (if you can't call you can text 911) or 507-437-9400.
- Mower County Health and Human Services: 507-437-9700.
Please know that you can still contact one of us for support after making a connection with one of the resources above, but a counselor should not be the only point of contact if it is an emergency.
If you need assistance with academics, please contact your student's teacher using the email found on their Schoology page or via Infinite Campus. You may also connect with the grade level counselor.
AustinAspires.org - where you can complete an application for the FREE A.C.E. Tutoring Program for Grades 7-12
For students in 7th grade, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
For students in 8th grade, please contact email@example.com.
Parent Portal Support: firstname.lastname@example.org
Difficulties With School Laptop: Contact your advisory teacher to fil out a fix it ticket or send your student to the IMC during technology hours.