Fall sports registration is now open!
My name is Kelly Lang, and I am the athletic director at Ellis Middle School. We are excited to have your student at Ellis Middle School this fall! Ellis offers a variety of athletic opportunities for our students to participate in throughout the school year. Sports offered include:
- Girls Soccer – 8/28 – 3:30 to 5 – Wescott Watertower Soccer Field
- Boys Soccer – 8/21 – TBD – Ellis Soccer Field (I will send out another portal push once the time has been determined)
- Football – 8/21 – 3:30 to 6 – Ellis Football Field
- Volleyball – 8/21 – 4 to 6 – Ellis Large Gym - enter door #20
- Cross Country – 8/21 – 3:45 to 5 – Austin High School (meet between Packer Gym and Ove Berven Gym)
- Girls tennis (possibly a 7-12 program – depending on numbers)
- Girls swimming and diving (7-12 program)
- Trap/skeet shooting (7-12 program)
- Boys/girls basketball
- Wrestling (7-12 programs)
- Dance Team
- Boys Swimming and diving (7-12 program)
- Archery (7-12 program)
- Girls hockey (8th grade only: 8-12 program)
- Gymnastics (7-12 program)
- Boys/girls track and field
- Boys golf
- Girls golf (7-12 program)
- Boys tennis (7-12 program)
- Clay target shooting (7-12 program)
- Adaptive bowling (7-12 program)
If your student is still interested in participating in any of these sports, they MUST have a sports physical on file with the school in order to register. Once the physical is complete, please email the 1st page to me or bring a copy of it to Ellis Middle School. You will not be able to see the sports offered until I have the sports physical entered into the system.
Registration is done through Parent Portal – under the School Store tab. Please note, high school practices began on August 14th (Girls Tennis, Girls Swimming and Diving), but you can still register for them. The LAST DAY to register for an Ellis FALL sport is Friday, Sept. 1. Winter and spring sports registration will open at a later time. One important thing to note is that I do grade checks every Thursday for athletes during their season. If they have 2 or more F’s, they are out competitions from Friday to the following Thursday. We stress being a student athlete here at Ellis Middle School.
Please make sure you fill out the free/reduced lunch form as it does affect the cost of your child’s sports. This form can be found on the district webpage or simply click on the following link: https://www.austin.k12.mn.us/district-offices/food-and-nutrition/free-and-reduced-price-lunch-forms.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me at email@example.com.
Ellis MS Athletic Director
Ellis Middle School Online Sports Registration
Ellis Athletic Director
Volleyball 8th Grade
Volleyball 7th Grade
Jer Osgood firstname.lastname@example.org
Francisco Torres email@example.com